The average person flushes the toilet six times a day. The average low-flow toilet uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush versus older technology toilets which used up to 7 gallons per flush. Water conservation like this not only helps the environment, but it can also help your wallet as well by consistently lowering your water bill each month. Though low-flow toilets can cost a bit more to install initially, the economic benefits over time are quickly making low-flow toilets an industry standard.
Despite their many obvious advantages, low-flow toilets are not known for their power and can sometimes fail to flush a particularly large bundle. Though we here at Nowthen plumbing are happy to drive from Anoka to Andover and back again to help you with a clog, we know that you’d rather just avoid the situation altogether to begin with.
New technology is making it possible to get powerful flushing and water conservation all in one. If you’re considering installing a low-flow toilet in your home or want to upgrade your current model, the following brands are some of the best options on the market.
1) Toto Ultra-Max: Quiet, powerful, and consumer-friendly, this toilet is easy to assemble and is known for its “three second flush.”
2) Caroma Caravelle: Featuring dual flush technology that allows a half-flush button for liquid waste and a full-flush button for solid waste. Dual flush options are quickly gaining popularity in many homes around the country.
3) Kohler Archer One-Piece: Chic and powerful, this toilet highlights “gravity-fed” flush technology that makes it quieter than normal pressure-assisted models. Consumer Reports recently did a feature blog and video on the Kohler One-Piece.
4) Toto Drake: Has what many industry professionals consider to be the most thorough and powerful flush, leaving nothing in the bowl.
5) Kohler Purist Hatbox: For those looking for a toilet that’s a little less intrusive and a little easier on the eyes, the Kohler Hatbox is a great low-flow option. With a modern design that stays true to its name, the Hatbox is powerful while still remaining stylish.
And remember, no matter what toilet suits you best, Nowthen Plumbing will always be there to help when something goes wrong! To see our entire list of services visit the Nowthen Plumbing Services pages.